I feel like I did a few rounds last night myself, my stomach rolled in a tight painful knot towards the end of the night, but the professional in me saw it through to the climactic conclusion, and my goodness what a show stopper of a fight to finish the night.
Last night saw me fill the shoes of fellow announcer Dionne Vincent (not high heels…flats), as I took the microphone for Maynard’s Promotions Fight Night ‘Redemption’ in the Patchway Sport Centre, Bristol; a unique mixture of Muay Thai and semi professional boxing, with a massive main event for the WRSA Super-Bantamweight K1 Rules World Champions.
- Josh Newson stopped Jake Faulkner in the opening Muay Thai contest, in the third round, by way of referee stoppage
- Ben ‘the Bomber’ Thomas beat Harry Farrell in this boxing contest, by majority decision
- Aaron Simmons picked up an impressive win over Nick Emes, winning by way of count out in the third round of our second Muay Thai bout of the evening.
- Scott De-Palma stopped his opponent James Beswick in the third round, after referee stoppage
- Jon Turvey beat Gary Mitchelmore with a majority win in the third Muay Thai bout of the night
- A great boxing demonstration bout for Teri-Dee Rubery and Trish Kelly, great future ahead for these two young ladies.
- Richard Padfield stopped Lee Dorrington in the second round, in our fourth boxing contest of the evening
- Ben Dighton beat Naing Htut with a unanimous decision in our fourth Muay Thai bout of the night
- Dan Aggat saw off Gary Bodger with a unanimous decision in our final boxing bout
- The Main Event of the evening and our final Muay Thai bout, for the vacant WRSA Super Bantamweight K1 Rules World Championship, fought of 5 two minute rounds between Ireland’s Andree Warbrick representing MSD Evolution and Wales’s Linzi Edwards representing Celtic Pride, sponsored by South West Tool Hire Company. A great showdown with both fighters coming out the gates, putting everything on the line, but after all five rounds with a unanimous decision, we saw Linzi Edwards crowded new World Champion.
A great show, again a massive thank you to Dionne for hooking me up with the gig. A massive thanks to promoter Craig Maynard and his team for having me on board, referee Mike Belgraves, ring girls from Prestige Promotions, the fighters and coaches that made me feel so welcomed…than you all! It was also great to see some familiar faces and catch up with them too, hopefully see you again at the night show.